Friday 31 August 2007

J'ai un chagrin de baby doll




Mordi at Blowupdoll (link) has just posted the video to one of the best French pop songs, ever- "Boule de Flipper" by Corynne Charby. I know nothing of her apart from what's on Wikipedia, so, she was a model who went into movies, had a tiny bit of success, then in the mid-80s, released some music. As far as I understand, BdF was her biggest hit, and deservedly so. It's full of great imagery which I'm not going to try and explain, in case I get it totally wrong and someone with native French spots my mistakes. Just trust me, it's amazing.

*I do have the single version, somewhere, but can't find it. If I do, I'll post it, but I like the 12" version more, anyway.

"Boule de Flipper" (12" version) (mp3)

EDIT: I found it- "Boule de Flipper" (single edit) (mp3)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome tune!! I also like Corynne's 'Pile ou face', but this one is GOLD.

Is there an email where we can write to you?

Thanks for posting such great stuff!

x x x

Lise said...

Yeah, my email is francophile.etoile@gmail.com, I really should put that on the blog ;) Any suggestions/compliments/whatever, chuck them my way :)

Add to Technorati Favorites