Monday 3 September 2007

Whatever I got doesn't stay together


Another "lost" band (so far at least): Fried consist of the former Fine Young Cannibals bassist, David Steele, and Jonte Short, a former gospel singer from New Orleans. They released an eponymous album in 2004, but it pretty much sank without trace despite some exposure on TV. They recently re-released the album with a new title (Things Change), new artwork and a tweaked tracklisting, removing a couple from the previous release and adding three new songs. "Whatever I Choose I Lose" is one of the best songs on the album, though most of it is pretty good. Of the songs that didn't make the cut the second time around, I like "Getaway" the most; it has a great bassline and is very groovy.

"Whatever I Choose, I Lose" (mp3)
"Getaway" (mp3)

official (somewhat bare) Fried website (link)

2 comments:

beketaten said...

I absolutely adore Fried, and it's criminal they haven't gotten more recognition. Thanks for showcasing them! Your blog is one of my newer favourites.

Lise said...

I don't know what's going on with them now....since I posted this, the webiste appears to have disappeared :( hopefully it's just a temporary thing, because it was a nice site.

Add to Technorati Favorites